There are lots of tips out there, but these are my Go To tweaks when someone is running out of battery on their iPhone (and iPad):
- Adjust brightness down a bit, and be sure that auto is set to on (green). Even when you have on auto, you can dim a bit to save battery.
- Close applications you aren’t using. Double tap the home button. Scroll and see all the open apps. Close unused applications by swiping the large image of the application up. Apps like the camera really drain your battery when left open. Closing the phone app helps prevent accidental “butt dialing”.
- Turn off location services and motion on any apps that don’t need them. You will find this under Settings > Privacy.
- Check your usage. Go to Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage This let’s you know the amount of battery time each app is suing and helps you remember to close some of these apps when not using.
- Turn off Background App Refresh. This is in Settings > General > Background App Refresh.